Is Apple Pay accepted at gas stations? Without a doubt. You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re looking for gas stations that accept Apple Pay near you.
Apple Pay may now be used to pay for petrol instead of cash, debit card, or credit card. Thanks to Apple Pay, I seldom need to use my wallet at the gas pump. I just need access to my iPhone or Apple Watch.
Apple Pay is accepted at a number of petrol stations. However, some gas stations only accept Apple Pay at the pump, while others only accept it at the cashier.
In this article, we will talk about what gas stations take apple pay?
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a contactless payment method that is only available on Apple devices. It was created to transition users away from physical wallets and toward a world in which your debit and credit cards are stored on your iPhone or Apple Watch, allowing you to pay with your device rather than a card.
Apple Pay is compatible with the majority of major credit and debit card issuers, including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Unsurprisingly, Apple’s Apple Card is also supported.
Related article: How to use apple pay on amazon?
What Gas Stations Allow Apple Pay?
Many stations are currently allowing apple pay. Surprisingly the number of stations that take Apple pay is increasing with great speed. Therefore, it is not a dream anymore that all the stations will allow Apple to pay.
Here are the list of the gas stations that take Apple pay
Let’s see the 36 gas stations that allow Apple pay.
- 76. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- 7-Eleven. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- ARCO. Link your debit card to your mobile wallet to make payment.
- Alon. Takes Apple Pay at all locations.
- BP/ Amoco. You need to use the BPme app.
- Chevron. Takes Apple Pay at all locations.
- Circle K. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Citgo. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Conoco. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Cumberland Farms. Takes Apple Pay at all locations.
- Delta Sonic. Takes Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
- Exxon Mobil. Requires the use of Rewards+ app. Accepts Apple Pay at most locations.
- GasAmerica. Takes Apple Pay at certain locations.
- Hele. Allow Apple Pay at all locations.
- Holiday. Takes Apple Pay at certain locations.
- Irving Oil. Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
- King Soopers. Allow Apple Pay at all locations.
- Kum & Go. Pay using iPhone app.
- KwikTrip. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Meijer. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Murphy USA. Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- OXXO Gas. Allow Apple Pay at all locations.
- Phillips 66. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- QuikTrip. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- RaceTrac. Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- RaceWay. Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Red Apple. Takes Apple pay
- Royal Farms. Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
- Sheetz. Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
- Shell. Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations. Needs their app.
- Speedway. Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Sunoco. Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
- Texaco. Accepts Apple Pay at specific locations.
- Travelcenters of America. Accepts Apple Pay at all locations.
- Valero. Apple Pay is only available at specific locations.
- Wawa. Accepts Apple Pay at specific (most) locations.
How To Pay For Gas with Apple Pay at Pump?
Apple Pay may be used on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. Because you do not have to exchange your debit or credit card information with the business, the approach is secure. For each payment, a unique transaction code substitutes the credit card number.
Here’s how to use Apple Pay at the pump.
- At the station, look for the contactless emblem.
- Navigate to Apple Wallet on your smartphone.
- Press the side button twice.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm. If your phone supports Face ID, double-press the side button, then enter your face or passcode to authenticate. Place your finger on the Touch ID sensor on your phone if it has one.
- Put your smartphone on top of the symbol.
- The payment has been made.
How To Pay For Gas with Apple Pay at fuel station
Let’s check out a video on How To Pay For Gas with Apple Pay at Pump
How To Locate A Gas Station Near You?
You may use your smartphone to locate petrol stations that accept Apple Pay. To do this, you must:
- Navigate to Maps.
- In the search field, type “Gas stations nearby.”
- A list of petrol stations is displayed. Choose your preferred station.
- Select Useful to Know. This will indicate whether or not Apple Pay is accepted at the station.
Why doesn’t Apple Pay Work At The Gas Station?
You must first ensure that the gas station you are visiting accepts Apple Pay. If it does, double-check that you’re presenting your phone to the payment terminal correctly. Following that, ensure that you have linked a legitimate account, debit card, or credit card to your Wallet App. Finally, see whether the app is unavailable for any reason.
Does Chevron Accept Apple Pay At the Gas Station?
Chevron fueling stations offer Apple Pay, which is a convenient payment option. Using your iPhone or Apple Watch, you can pay for gas at the pump.
Simply position your iPhone or your Apple watch near the contactless reader. A beep and a vibration signal a connection has occurred and you can proceed to make a transaction.
Does Shell Gas Station Use Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted at the majority of Shell gas stations. If you have Apple Pay, Android Pay, or PayPal, you may pay at the pump using the Shell app on your mobile device.
The Shell app is available for download from the Apple App Store.
Does Speedway Gas Station allow Apple Pay?
Yes. Gas stations of Speedway allow Apple pay system on all their locations. Using your iPhone or Apple Watch, you can pay for gas at the pump.
Does Hele Gas Station allow Apple Pay?
All the petrol pumps of Hele take Apple pay for refueling your vehicle. It’s convenient for the customers of hele and Apple product users.
Does RaceTrac Gas Station allow Apple Pay?
Absolutely yes. All the fuelling stations of RaceTrac in the southern United States allow Apple pay.
What Gas Stations Take Apple Pay And Cash Back?
Apple Card is the only credit card company that provides more cashback when used through ApplePay than when used as a physical card.
When you pay with the titanium card, you get 1% cashback, but when you pay with your iPhone using ApplePay and the Apple Card, you get 2% cashback. You will earn 3% if you use it in an Apple Store.
Why Is Apple Pay Not Working at the Gas Station?
The most common reasons for Apple Pay not functioning are that your iPhone’s battery has run out of charge or that the retailer does not accept Apple Pay.
However, if you don’t have cash, Apple Pay’s refusal to operate is inconvenient. Apple Pay servers may be unavailable, a digital payment terminal may be malfunctioning, or problems with a specific credit or debit card may exist.
Make sure your Wallet App is linked to a legitimate debit card, credit card, or account.
Another reason that Apple Pay isn’t working at a gas station is that your Wallet app has stopped working (frozen). To unfreeze your Wallet app, perform these steps:
- Forcefully exit the app
- Please sign out of your Apple ID account.
- Restart your Apple product.
- Enter your Apple ID password again.
Why did Apple Pay decline payment at the gas station?
Why is my transaction failing despite the fact that I can see my credit card in Apple Wallet?
There are several possible reasons why the transaction may be rejected.
- Your physical card is temporarily locked.
- You are unable to make the purchase due to a lack of funds or a limit on your card or transaction account.
- Inadvertently entered incorrect card PIN information at the terminal
- Contactless payments are not supported by the terminal.
Check that you’ve entered the right pin and that the terminal accepts contactless payments. You should also check to see if your card has any restrictions.
Alternative contactless methods to pay for gas
If you don’t want to utilize Apple Pay but still want to pay with your phone, you may download the gas station’s app.
If you utilize the app, you won’t have to bring out your wallet or purse at the petrol station. Of course, not every gas station has an app, but the number is growing every day.
The following is a list of popular gas stations in the United States that have their own applications for this provision.
- ExxonMobil (Android, iPhone)
- Shelley (Android, iPhone)
- BP (British Petroleum) (Android, iPhone)
- The Chevron Corporation (Android, iPhone, iPad)
Can You Use Apple Card At Gas Station?
Apple Card customers may now receive cashback on gasoline, vehicle washes, and convenience shop purchases at over 11,500 Exxon and Mobil service stations that provide 3 percent cash back on fuel, car washes, and convenience store sales. Cardholders who use their Apple Card at more than 11,500 Exxon and Mobil gas stations around the country now have even more reasons to smile.
Can You Use Digital Wallet At Gas Pump?
Gas may be paid with Chase Pay or Samsung Pay, both of which allow you to utilize a digital wallet. You don’t have to input your credit card information because gas is paid for with your mobile wallet.
How many gas stations take Apple pay?
According to our research, 36 gas station companies are allowing payment from Apple pay.