Snapchat’s success can be due to its entertaining filters and ease of connecting with friends. The app allows you to take images and movies and share them with your friends and family. Its user base is constantly expanding, making this social networking site a popular place for having fun while taking pictures. However, this app has one downside: all of your movies and photographs are automatically deleted after they expire. This article will demonstrate how to restore Snapchat photographs and videos on iPhone using simple approaches.
This article will demonstrate four simple approaches for retrieving your Snapchat memories using a robust data recovery program. Along with that, we will also discuss the methods to recover deleted Snapchat memories on your iPhone 11, 12, 12 Pro max, 13, and 13 pro. Moreover, we will also cover some essential topics related to deleting Snapchat memories on your iPhone. Let’s have a peek.
What Exactly Is Snapchat Memories?
Snapchat Memories is a popular feature that allows users to save/download photographs and videos for later viewing rather than letting them evaporate after the timer expires. These snaps and stories are preserved in your Snapchat Memories tab and may be read, altered, emailed, saved to your device, or reposted on your Snapchat story.
How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone – 4 easy methods
Here are the four methods to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone. These methods will answer “How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone”. The methods are given below
- Recover deleted Snapchat memories directly on iPhone
- Use iTunes backup to recover deleted memories in iPhone
- Get your deleted Snapchat memories back from the Temp Folder of the iPhone
- Use an iCloud backup to retrieve deleted Snapchat memories iPhone
Recover deleted Snapchat memories directly on iPhone
Direct scanning of the device is one of the simplest ways to restore Snapchat memories from the iPhone. You may recover expired photos and videos from Snapchat by downloading and installing the Snapchat Recovery program on your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps given below to recover deleted Snapchat memories directly on iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cord to begin the procedure. When the devices are successfully connected, a default window titled “Recover Data from iOS Device” will appear. Navigate to the “Start Scan” choices to begin scanning your device. Select the photographs and videos that you want to scan if you want to save time.
- Once the scan is finished, preview all of the scanned folders in the “App Videos” or “App Photos” category to recover deleted Snapchat data.
- Now, click the “Recover” option to pick the photographs and videos you wish to recover and save them to your computer.
Use iTunes backup to recover deleted memories in iPhone
You may retrieve your previous Snapchat story and data in seconds using an iTunes backup file. After scanning your device in iTunes, you may use this program to easily access iTunes backup files. Follow the steps given below to recover deleted Snapchat memories using iTunes backup.
- To recover your expired snaps, run the Snapchat for iPhone Recovery app and select “Recover from iTunes Backup Files.”
- After selecting an iTunes backup, click the “Start Scan” button to begin data extraction. When you’re through scanning, you’ll discover all of the retrieved files neatly categorized in distinct catalogs.
- Preview each file, then locate and pick the data you wish to restore. Navigate to the “Recover” menu and export all of your selected data to your computer using an iTunes backup.
Get your deleted Snapchat memories back from the Temp Folder of the iPhone.
Snapchat’s most odd feature, in which the software automatically deletes all uploaded photographs and videos after a certain amount of time, i.e. 24 hours. The app has received harsh criticism for this function and has requested an update to address the problem. However, if you are experiencing the same issue, there is some good news. Unless and until the data is replaced by a new Snapchat image or video, you may discover all of your shared material in the app’s temporary storage. Follow the steps given below to recover deleted Snapchat memories from the Temp Folder of the iPhone.
- On your PC, install a File Manager program.
- After it has been downloaded and installed, connect your iPhone to it.
- In the File Manager app, navigate to the “var” folder and then to the “Mobile” folder to find the “Applications” folder.
- Navigate to your “SnapChat” folder to get to the “tmp” folder. This folder contains all of Snapchat’s expired and shared data.
Use iCloud backup to retrieve deleted Snapchat memories iPhone
Snapchat old data may also be retrieved from an iCloud backup using Snapchat’s iPhone recovery tool. Follow the steps given below to recover deleted Snapchat memories using iCloud backup on your iPhone.
- Download and install the iCloud Backup software, then choose “Recover from iCloud Backup File.” Fill up all of your information to access your iCloud account.
- You will now see all of your iCloud backup data in the account. Locate the Snapchat photographs folder you wish to retrieve and then select the download choices. You may download the data by selecting the required file and then tapping “Next.”
- The scanning of your folder will begin. When the scanning is finished, you may check the data preview and pick the chosen photo or video. Click “Recover” to save the data to your PC.
How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone – more alternative ways
If you have a Snapchat account and if you also use any android device along with iPhone, you can use these methods too. The alternative methods to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone are enlisted below.
- Recover Snapchat Deleted Memories from My Data Achieves
- Retrieving Deleted Snapchat Memories from the Device Cache
- Checking your iPhone or Android Cache
- Checking your Photo Gallery
- Syncing Your Snapchat Memories with Google Drive
Recover Snapchat Deleted Memories from My Data Achieves
It is not difficult to retrieve lost Snapchat memories and messages. Simply follow this step-by-step procedure to successfully retrieve your Snapchat memories.
- Launch the Snapchat app. Navigate to the “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down to the Privacy area and look for the “My Data” option.
- When you click on My Data, you must sign in using your Snapchat ID.
- The My Data page will appear. To restore your memories, go to this page and pick the Memories option.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Submit Request.”
- This will send your recovery request to the support staff, who will then give you with an archive for your memories.
- You will be notified via email when the archived data is ready for download. The downloading time varies according on the number of snaps, videos, and texts.
- When you click the link in the email, you will be sent to the My Data page.
- Now, choose the “Mydata.zip” file to save the data to your device.
- Hurray!! You may now access your deleted memories in a zip file.
Retrieving Deleted Snapchat Memories from the Device Cache
You may also try to retrieve deleted snaps from Android’s cache if you wish. Ideally, the cache is the temporary data that an application stores in order to speed up its operations and deliver a better user experience.
As a result, even if the snap has been erased from Memories, it is possible that it is still stored in the device’s cache. However, the chances of recovering a deleted snap from a phone’s cache are slim.
Nonetheless, you might take a risk and attempt to recover lost Snapchat memories on Android by following these methods.
- To begin, you must gain access to your Android file system. To do this, you will need to use an Android file explorer/manager app. Alternatively, you may just connect it to your Windows PC.
- Navigate to the Snapchat folder once you’ve gained access to the device’s internal storage. It is usually kept under Android > Data > com. Snapchat. Android.
- That’s all! You may now just navigate to the Cache folder and examine the stored snaps. To access them normally, move them to a different location and modify their extensions.
Checking your iPhone or Android Cache
The cache on your device is one of the quickest and easiest ways to retrieve lost Snapchat memories and snaps. To do so, go to your device’s file manager and look for the Snapchat folder in the internal storage.
This folder is located under Android > Data > com. Snapchat. android. You can check for the cache in this folder. There is a significant likelihood that your erased memories have been saved in the cache. Simply open it and save it. Choose a place to save it in and you’re done.
Checking your Photo Gallery
Another option is to hunt for it in the trash folder of the gallery. Depending on your device settings, deleted material is frequently preserved in the trash folder for a defined length of time.
You may search for the movies or photographs in your gallery > trash. When you find it, you may recover it by pressing it twice or selecting it, and clicking on the recover button. When finished, it will be restored to its original folder.
Syncing Your Snapchat Memories with Google Drive
Better to be cautious than sorry! Making a backup of your files is the best thing you can do. And if you’ve already synchronized your Snapchat with Google Drive, you’re halfway there.
Open Google Drive and look for the photographs you want.
It’s the most secure and simple method to keep track of your Snapchat photos and other photographs. With the regular backup, all of your data is kept in Google Drive, allowing you to restore it at any moment, even if you’ve erased it.
How to recover deleted Snapchat memories on different models of iPhone
Things perform differently in different models of iPhone. As well as with each update of iOS, Interface, and setting get substantial changes. Here are some ways to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone 11, 12 and 13.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories On iPhone 11, 12 and 13 using memory backup
Snapchat allows you to store Snaps and Stories to Memories, share Memories with friends, and access your Camera Roll. If you have deleted certain items from Snapchat Memories, you may recover them using Memories Backup. Lost Snapchat Memories that were successfully backed up on your iPhone can be recovered.
Steps for Recovering Deleted Snapchat Memories on an iPhone:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone > To open Settings, tap Settings in My Profile.
- Scroll down and choose Memories. Ensure that ‘Backup Progress’ is set to complete.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories On iPhone 11, 12 and 13 using a recovery app
Snapchat was a platform only for vanishing photographs and videos until the Snapchat Memories feature was added (iMessage and FaceTime Waiting for Activation). With Snapchat Memories, you can now preserve, create, and share long-lasting material (such as images and movies). If you accidentally erased something in Snapchat Memories, use this guide to discover how to recover deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone with Omni Recover – the world’s finest iPhone Data Recovery program.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on an iPhone
- Get Omni Recover and install it on your Windows or Mac computer. Connect your iPhone to your PC > Launch Omni Recover.
- Select Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/Backup. Click the Next button > To proceed, select a device.
- Now, let Omni Recover to scan your iPhone database for deleted Snapchat Memories > Once you’ve located your selected Snapchat Memories, click Export to get them back. By clicking the result window tips, you can now see your exported contact’s name or phone number.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone 11, 12 and 13 using iTunes backup
We can now examine other ways for recovering deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone after reviewing how to restore deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone using both native and expert recovery tools. The majority of iPhone owners use iTunes to backup their devices. If you have an existing backup on iTunes, you may simply restore it to your device.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on iPhone using an iTunes Backup
- Launch the Finder software on your Mac or the iTunes app on your Windows computer that you used to back up your iPhone > Connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable symbol.
- Navigate to iTunes > Device Summary > Delete Device. Select the Restore iPhone option > Confirm by clicking Restore again to begin regaining your deleted Snapchat Memories as well as other valuable iOS data.
How Do You Get Your Snapchat Cache Back?
In order to get back your Snapchat cache, you need to have an android device along with your iPhone. Follow the given step on your android device to get your Snapchat cache back.
- Open the File Manager on your device.
- Navigate to Android > Data > com.snapchat.android.
- Go to the Snapchat Cache folder.
- Navigate to the “received image snaps” folder.
- You will be able to see the deleted photographs.
- Select the photographs and press the recover button.