You can’t make a phone call from an iPad! An iPad is not a mobile phone. However, there are some tricks that you can make to make a call to 911 on your iPad.
This blog will help you learn how to call 911 on an iPad with some easy methods.
Need of calling 911 from iPad
Nina is a kid. Her mom and dad work from 9 to 6. In an accident, she needs to call 911. But she didn’t have a phone. Instead, she had an iPad. In that case, she needs to know how to call 911 on an iPad. There are lots of other cases where you need to call 911 from your iPad. But we know iPad does not have any option to add a sim card. In this blog, we will show you six easy methods that do not need any SIM card to call 911 from your iPad.
How to call 911 on iPad – Six easy methods
There is no direct method to call 911 on an iPad. Therefore, you have to do some tricks to call any call from the iPad. Here is the list of the methods that will help you reach 911 from the iPad.
- Call 911 on iPad from facetime
- Call 911 on iPad from Skype
- Get help from your friend or family to make a call to 911 from iPad
- Enable WIFI and visit the government website to call 911 on iPad
- Try google hangout to call 911 on iPad from Skype
- Use Facebook Messenger to reach out to a friend who can help you to make a call to 911
Call 911 on iPad from facetime
Facetime is a popular app for iPad and iPhone. It provides internet calls to any number. Therefore, you can call 911 using the facetime app on your iPad. Follow the steps below to call 911 from your iPad:
- Install the facetime app on your iPad
- Open the app.
- Enable your WIFI
- Go to the calling feature
- Dial 911 and make a call immediately
Call 911 on iPad from Skype
Skype offers to call any number. Before that, make some credit to skype. In any emergency case, it will help you a lot. Follow the steps below to call 911 from your iPad using skype:
- Install the Skype app on your iPad
- Open the app.
- Take some credit for an emergency
- On the contact list or dial pad, type in 911
- Make a call to 911
- Choose the option mobile call
- Talk to the authority of 911
Get help from your friend or family to make a call to 911 from iPad
It’s the most straightforward to call 911 when you don’t have a cellular device. If you are in an emergency. Ask your friend or family, or neighbor to make a call on behalf of you. You can also knock them using any communication app installed on your iPad. Our tip is to ask people around you to get help. It will make thing happen quickly.
Enable WIFI and visit the government website to call 911 on iPad
You can contact to 911 from the website. For doing that, you have to have wifi on your device. Follow the steps to visit the government website and call 911 on iPad:
- Enable WIFI on your iPad
- Open browser i.e, safari web browser
- Visit the website of 911: https://www.911.gov/From the website call 911
Try google hangout to call 911 on iPad from Skype
Google hangout app for iPhone offers free calling on any number of USA and Canada. So you can call 911 from your iPad using the google hangout app. Follow the steps below to call 911 from iPad using the Hangout app for iPhone.
- Install the Hangout app on your iPad
- Open the app
- Dial 911 from the contact list or type on the keypad
- Calling 911 is free on hangout
Use Facebook Messenger to reach out to a friend who can help you to make a call to 911
Suppose you are alone and can not access the iPad with the methods above. Knock any friends or family member from the iPad through Facebook messenger, Whatsup, Viber, or other communication apps. Please describe your problem to them. Also, tell them to call 911 on behalf of you.
We know the need to call 911 from the iPad in an emergency. For that reason, we have researched how to call 911 from your iPad. All the methods described above work perfectly. Pick the best way that suits you most.